The Merchants Bank of Commerce Kenneth R. Gifford, Jr. Memorial Scholarship Program awards TEN, $1,000.00 scholarships each year.
One of the most pressing needs in higher education today is funding for scholarships. Scholarships allow deserving students to attain their educational goals, meet their professional objectives and succeed to their fullest ability. We commit to give back and participate in the communities that we serve. From education, to volunteer time and donations we actively work hard to make our communities a better place to live.
Merchants Bank of Commerce recognizes that our continued success is contingent upon the health and vitality of the communities we serve. Taking action to improve the well-being of others is a community responsibility and commitment we fully believe in and commit to. We value the opportunity to provide financial support to the youth in our communities.
- Graduating High School Senior residing in the counties of Siskiyou, Shasta, Tehama, Glenn, Colusa, Placer, and Sacramento
- Student has maintained a 3.0 GPA in their senior year
- Student intends to enroll as a full-time college student within 12 months of graduation (proof of enrollment will be required before funds are distributed)
- November 1st - March 11th
- Student is not an employee of Merchants Bank of Commerce
- Student is not a family member of an employee of Merchants Bank of Commerce
- Include one letter of recommendation from an acquaintance, employer or teacher
- Include a one page essay on that describes: Your academic and career goals, any challenges you have faced, and your life aspirations
- Include a list of school activities, awards/recognitions, and community service activities
- Attach your most recent report of GPA
Applications must be submitted online. To apply, click the button below.