- Will never ask you to send personal or financial information through email or a link from a website.
- Will never call and ask for your financial information. Things like your account number, social security number, account balances.
- Will ask you to verify your identity should you call us, before we disclose any of your personal financial information.
If you believe your account may have been compromised, contact us immediately at 800.421.2575.
To report a lost or stolen ATM/Debit Card:
Evenings, weekends and holidays: 800.383.8000
7:30am - 6:00pm
8:30am - 1:00pm
- Protect your passwords - Don't write them down or share them with anyone.
- Password rotation - Change your online banking passwords at least 1-2 times annually.
- Use Anti-Virus software and Firewall on your computer.
- Security questions - Don't write down or share your security questions or answers.
- Shop securely - Only shop with online merchants you know and trust.
- Public WiFi - Never conduct online banking transactions when connected to public WiFi.
- Log off - Always log off when you have completed your Online Banking transactions.
Email is the primary way computer systems are compromised today. Viruses, Malware, Ransomware, and other types of malicious software are delivered in email attachments.
- NEVER open attachments, click on links, or respond to email from unknown senders.
- ALWAYS verify any email you may not trust by calling the sender on the phone.
- Phishing - this is a type of email designed to steal your personal information.
- Spam - Email messages that require "immediate" action or response from you should be considered dangerous.
- Passcode - When using your mobile device to access your account, make sure the device has a passcode.
- Privacy - Never disclose your personal financial information via text message or email.
- Missing Device - Contact us immediately if your mobile device has been lost or stolen.
- Confidential Information – We will never call or email you requesting private information such as Social Security Number, account numbers, or passwords.
- Challenge Questions – We may ask you challenge questions when our systems detect abnormal activity or high risk transactions.
- *Alerts – We will send our business customers alerts when new wires are submitted, ACH batches are initiated, when new users are added, and when changes are made to users. (*customers are required to enroll).
- Contacting You – We will require offline verification of wire and ACH transactions before we will process them.
- Suspicious Activity – We will contact you if we suspect suspicious activity on your accounts.
- Text Alerts – If enrolled, we will send you text alerts for transactions you wish to know about.
Never respond to unsolicited requests for your social security number or financial data.
Before discarding, shred credit card, ATM receipts and any pre-approved credit offers you have received, but don't plan to use.
- Check all credit card and bank statements for accuracy.
- Avoid easy-to-figure out access and personal ID codes.
- Obtain a copy of your credit report annually and check it for accuracy.
- Use only secure sites when making online purchases. Secure pages begin with "https."
- Pay for online purchases by credit card to assure you get what you paid for and to limit your liability.
- Safeguard your SSN, and check earnings and benefit statements annually for fraudulent use.
- File a police report.
- Contact your bank.
- Notify all of those with whom you have a financial relationship.
- Tag accounts closed due to fraud, "closed at consumer's request."
- Notify credit bureau fraud units.
- Establish a password for telephone inquiries on credit card accounts.
- Place a fraud alert statement on your credit report.
- Request bi-monthly copies of your credit report until your case is resolved (free to fraud victims).
- Report theft of checks to check verification companies.
- Check post office for unauthorized change of address requests.
- Follow-up contacts with letters and keep copies of all correspondence.
For additional help:
Report Fraud: 888-397-3742
Order Credit Report: 888-397-3742
Report Fraud: 800-680-7289
Order Credit Report: 800-888-4213
Report Fraud: 800-766-0008
Order Credit Report: 800-685-1111
More information about Identity Theft and how to avoid it can be found at the Federal Trade Commission Website